The iconic Dover castle, the spectacular White Cliffs country, Sandwich – perhaps the most complete medieval market town in Britain – and the flourishing seaside resort of Deal, all surrounded by the garden of England, are just some of the great reasons for you to choose Dover.
The social housing functions provided by East Kent Housing are being brought back under the umbrella of Dover District Council, in order to deliver a more responsive and locally focused service. To help us realise the benefits for our stake holders across the region, we are looking to recruit dynamic and skilled individuals who share our commitment to delivering excellence across the housing sector. Housing matters. You can help make the difference.
Working within the Assets & Building Control department, and reporting directly to the Principal Responsive Repairs Officer and the Principal Compliance Officer, the successful applicant will be responsible for procuring maintenance contracts and manage external contractors and consultants to ensure that the Council fulfils its contractual obligations to its clients by delivering planned, compliancy and cyclical maintenance programmes to quality, time and budget for the Council’s Housing and Corporate portfolio.
Collate and interpret stock condition data to produce accurate planned maintenance and compliance programmes and implement efficient contract management regimes for council managed budgets.
What are we looking for?
· Experience of procuring maintenance contracts and managing the performance of contractors
· Working with the public, delivering maintenance programmes on multiple housing projects
· Sound understanding of compliance with statutory landlord obligations and associated legislation
· Experience of working in the public sector (desirable)
· Surveying and managing multiple building maintenance contracts
· Working within a team of technical and non-technical staff
What do we offer?
· Competitive salaries
· Flexible working hours
· Contributory pension scheme
· Private health care package
What are you waiting for?
The closing date for applications is the 1st July 2020. Date of interviews to be confirmed.
The application forms and job profiles are on the Dover District Council web site https://www.dover.gov.uk/Job-Vacancies/Home.aspx and give you the basics but if you would like more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com